College Endeavors provides counseling and guidance to students and their parents as they explore their options for post-secondary education. We are focused on helping our clients find the best college fit for them; each student is an individual with specific goals and needs. We begin with an initial consultation, followed by in-depth planning, college search and selection, applications, college essays and personal statements, financial aid, and final steps to admission. All services are available to students from 8th through 12th grade as well as students transferring from community colleges to four-year institutions.
Our Initial Consultation:
- Thorough review of high school or community college academic record, course selection, and standardized test scores
- Explore student's goals for both college and possible careers
- Review extracurricular and volunteer activities and interests
- Discuss the college admissions process and provide a timeline of activities for each year of high school
- Answer questions from students and parents
Planning and Preparation:
- Discuss standardized testing strategies and options available to students including the ACT, SAT, AP, IB, SAT Subject Tests
- Evaluate the strength of the student's academic program and make recommendations for future course work
- Evaluate extracurricular activities, volunteer commitments, summer programs and employment
- Discuss educational goals, career interests, values, and passions that may influence college selection
- Develop a preliminary list of colleges that meet the student's interests, academic profile, possible majors, and the family's financial situation
- Assist families in utilizing tools for college research, planning college visits, and understanding what is important in the college selection process
- Provide a thorough overview of the college application process including timeline, application components, deadlines, etc.
- Brainstorm essay ideas and provide feedback for students as they compose their personal statements
- Monitor student progress and review final applications
- Assist students in developing resumes, preparing for interviews, and researching scholarship options
You've Been Admitted! We will be your partner to help evaluate your college options and financial aid packages and assist students and families in the transition to college.